There are two Grade two Listed Buildings on Road Farm, dating back to 1650, but evidence that one was actually a Medieval Barn, although it now looks like a Georgian House from the outside, a barn conversion of old! Medieval Sheep bells found across the fields prove ancient pastoral use of the land.
Two big barns have just been restored with the help of a grant from Natural England. The big Threshing barn was built around 1750, as was the Old Stable barn which has a Victorian brick water cistern underground behind it.
Lots of local materials were used to build the old farm, from oak timbers for the barn frames, clay to make the roof tiles and bricks, chalk for the flooring, lime for the mortar and flints for some of the base walls.