‘Inspired to Grow’ is our new community initiative enabled due to the generous support from the Heart of Bucks Green Fund.
Our mission is to inspire youngsters to grow diverse fruit and vegetables together, improving their own confidence and self esteem, health and wellbeing.
We’re looking for around 10-15 young people and their families who feel that they would reap the benefit from joining us on this inspirational new project.
If you would like to be involved, please email email@example.com with your contact details and quote ‘Inspired’ in the subject line. We will then get in touch to discuss the project timelines and details.
We hope Inspired to Growers will:
- Learn new skills and an understanding of alternative protein sources
- Improve their knowledge of soil health, nature and biodiversity
- Develop better habits for their own personal health uImprove their physical health and wellbeing through interacting with nature
- Build personal confidence and self esteem through positive involvement with a community growing project
We hope that the project helps
- Address the disadvantage for those in food poverty by providing tools to grow plants and information on alternative, cost-effective yet sustainable food choices
- Provides opportunity to access green space and engage in the environment, including those with disabilities (both seen and unseen)
- Encourages communities to come together
- Enables equal and inclusive access for all, regardless of abilities
If you are you aged between 13-18 and would like to test out your green fingers, or you would like to learn about nourishing varieties of plants and alternative protein sources, to explore the connection between fungi and soil health and improve your health and wellbeing, we’d love to hear from you. The project will include 6 hands-on sessions at our orchard base, 2 processing and 2 cooking events.